Describe a building you like – Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2
1. Các biến thể của Topic “Describe a building you like”
Đối với đề Describe a building you like thì có những biến thể như sau:
- Describe a new building that has influenced your city;
- Describe an interesting part of your country;
- Describe a building tourists can visit in your country.
2. Dàn bài chung
Chúng ta sẽ học nói gộp đề bằng cách soạn 1 dàn bài chung cho tất cả những biến thể trên:
- The building: landmark 81
- When? – Được xây khi nào (dùng cho đề Describe a new building that has influenced your city)
- What? Có những features gì đặc biệt: view, entertainment facilities (dùng cho đề Describe an interesting part of your country và Describe a building tourists can visit)
- Nói nó có những ảnh hưởng tốt và xấu gì đến thành phố (dùng cho đề Describe a new building that has influenced …)
3. Band 8 Sample
Vietnam has various impressive buildings but for me, the most outstanding skyscraper is Landmark 81, located in the centre of Ho Chi Minh city. If I remember correctly, it was built in 2015 and is currently the highest building in Vietnam, with 81 floors.
This building is inspired by the image of a rising bamboo, referring to the rising prosperity and modernity of Vietnam. It attracts not only domestic but also international tourists, which contributes to the economy of the country. The Landmark is made of glass and is equipped with LED systems, which light up at night and give the tower a beautiful colour.
This tower is a mixed-use project including the bottom half with a commercial centre and the top half occupied by restaurants, lounges and apartments. Therefore, people can either visit the mall or enjoy the splendid view of the city from the restaurants or lounges on higher floors of the building.In my opinion, not only does it contribute to the economy but also brings pride to Vietnam. It is proof that Vietnamese are able to create amazing skyscrapers that can compare to any other country in the world. However, since it attracts too many people, other historical buildings are being forgotten. For example, the younger generation doesn’t recognise the Independence Palace or Saigon Opera house, which has both historical and cultural values of the country.
- Outstanding (adj): nổi bật
- A skyscraper (n): tòa nhà chọc trời
- To be inspired (v): được truyền cảm hứng
- Prosperity (n): sự thịnh vượng
- Modernity (n): sự hiện đại
- Domestic tourists (n): khách du lịch trong nước
- To contribute (v): đóng góp, góp phần
- To be equipped with: được trang bị với
- A mixed-use project (n): dự án phức hợp
- To be occupied: được sử dụng
- Splendid (adj): tráng lệ, huy hoàng
- Historical buildings (n): những tòa nhà cổ xưa
- Cultural values (n): những giá trị lịch sử