Describe your favorite food – Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2
1. Các biến thể của topic “Describe your favorite foods”
- (1) Describe a time you tried foreign food;
- (2) Describe a special meal that you had;
2. Dàn bài chung
Chúng ta sẽ học nói gộp đề bằng cách soạn 1 dàn bài chung cho tất cả những biến thể trên:
- What? – Đó là món gì?
- When? – Bạn thưởng thức nó khi nào? (cho đề Describe a time you tried foreign food)
- Where? – Bạn thưởng thức nó ở đâu?
- How does it taste? – Nó có vị như thế nào?
3. Band 8 Sample
As a food lover, I love exploring cuisine from different regions and countries. However, there is a special dish from Switzerland that I particularly enjoy, which is Cheese fondue.
It is Swiss melted cheese served in a communal pot over a portable stove, heated with a candle to keep the cheese hot. Then we dip bread or other vegetables like potatoes, carrot and broccoli into the hot cheese using a long fork. It’s quite simple so anyone can make it, as long as they have cheese and a pot.
I had a chance to try this dish when I was studying in Switzerland. At first, I couldn’t bear the smell and the taste of it, because I was not accustomed to eating fermented cheese at a young age and the fondue is a blend of different types of cheeses, such as Appenzeller, Gruyere and Emmentaler. It was rather savory, but too salty for me at the time and the smell was definitely not appetizing, even though I love cheese.However, after staying in Switzerland for a while, I got used to the taste and grew fond of it. And because Switzerland is a cheese paradise and the weather is cold most of the year, so my friend and I always had to make this dish once a week. It was an excellant way to stay warm and enjoy delicious food at the same time. I would love to go back to Switzerland to enjoy it again one day.
- A food lover: một người yêu ẩm thực
- To explore (v): khám phá
- Cuisine (n): ẩm thực
- Particularly enjoy: đặc biệt yêu thích
- A portable stove: cái bếp lò di động
- To bear (v): chịu đựng
- Accustomed to (v) = get used to (v): quen với việc gì, ai đó
- Fermented (adj): lên men
- A blend of: một hỗn hợp của cái gì đó
- Savory (adj): có hương vị mặn
- Appetizing (adj): làm cho ngon miệng
- To grow fond of sth: trở nên thích gì đó